This Partnership will deliver sustainable physical, social and economic growth for Croydon - positioning Croydon as a key economic centre within London and the South East, and ensuring growth benefits are equitably shared across the borough.
It will be responsible for business relations, inward investment, transport, the borough brand, cultural offer, and sustainability issues relating to energy efficiency and will focus on:
- Ensuring all Croydon residents can realise their full potential and access high quality jobs locally, within London and the Coast to Capital LEP region
- Creating conditions for new enterprise and a thriving business community by building key sectors to reinforce Croydon’s strategic and commercial role
- Establishing Croydon’s reputation as a key business location, using this to attract high value and high employment business investment; supported by a policy framework that secures needed infrastructure, protects the natural and historic environment, and meets growing housing needs.
- Promoting efficient energy generation and use across Croydon, targeting higher energy users in the commercial and domestic sectors, as well as other measures designed to improve environment e.g. low carbon developments
- Ensuring culture in its widest sense is recognised and integrated into Croydon’s regeneration and development plans
- Improving the capacity, quality, access and reliability of existing public transport to extend provision and facilitate a modal shift to more sustainable and healthy transport options.