Completing the Organisation and Opportunity registration forms
Points to note:
- Filling in the Opportunity Registration form – please provide full and complete information. The more accurate the information that people are viewing the more likely you are to attract volunteers suitable to that role. We will get back to you where forms are incomplete.
- Please type or print clearly. Download the forms by clicking the button under Step 1 (top right).
- Complete a separate ‘Opportunity Registration’ form for each role you have.
- Some of the details that you provide on both the Organisation and Opportunity registration forms will appear on our website, viewed by the public. However, direct contact details of your organisation are NOT displayed on the website – enquiries are redirected back via the Volunteer Centre.
- The Volunteer Centre promotes volunteering opportunities within organisations which demonstrate good practice in working with Volunteers. Where we feel this may not be the case we may not be able to promote the opportunity.
- At no time will we provide any of your details to a third party without your permission. In order to keep you up-to-date with information we may include you on our mailing/email list. We do not sell or give our mailing lists to third parties.
What we do:
Web/Email based service
- We regularly upload details of volunteering opportunities to Volunteer Connect, which are then available to the public from our own website http://www.cvalive.org.uk/volunteering/
- We will tweet your opportunity on our twitter account https://twitter.com/VCCroydon
- We will add your opportunity to our e-bulletin that get sent to volunteers on a fortnightly basis
- We may add your role as a featured opportunity on our website
In our offices in Centrale Croydon
- We will advertise your role on our Volunteer Opportunity Noticeboard
- One to one interviews with an advisor
- We advise potential volunteers which opportunities that may find interesting. This is based on matching information obtained from volunteers with that supplied by your organisations. The clearer the information you provide the better that match can be!
- We support organisations to create and manage high quality volunteering opportunities.
- You will be invited to attend Volunteer Co-ordinator’s Forums and will receive updates on volunteering developments both locally and nationally (please inform us if you do not want to be added to these mailing lists).
- We contact you periodically to monitor and evaluate our service. This will enable us to develop and improve upon the service to organisations and volunteers;
- We can help you access information to Good Practice resources relating to the management of volunteering.
What we don’t do:
- Volunteer Centre Croydon promotes volunteering opportunities for people in a not-for-profit organisation.
- We do not put volunteers in touch with commercial organisations, those with a clear party politics agenda.
- We may decline to register or deregister organisations where ‘Good Practice’ is called into question.
IMPORTANT: Volunteer Centre Croydon does not screen or vet any volunteer and will not be responsible for assessing a volunteer’s suitability. The recruitment process is the responsibility of each individual organisation.
What we would ask of you:
- Provide safe and fulfilling volunteer experiences. We ask organisations that involve volunteers to sign up to the Volunteer Management Charter. You will be contacted by our Good Practice worker and invited to forums and meetings. These are all intended to help improve the quality of volunteering available in Croydon.
- Please help us to keep your information as up-to-date as possible People accessing the Centre have cited out-of-date information as being both frustrating and off-putting. As we have around 500 organisations registered with us this is a constant challenge. We would therefore ask that you help us to keep your information as up-to-date as possible.
It is vital that you call us
- As soon as you have filled an opportunity
- If you decide to withdraw an opportunity
- If you are not recruiting for a period of time (we can remove the advert from the website to reduce calls to yourself)
- If any of your organisation and/or volunteer co-ordinator contact details have changed
Monitoring and Evaluation
We would like to know if our service is working, what areas need improvement, etc. We are therefore interested to know how many volunteers have come to you via the Volunteer Centre, whether the placement was or is a successful match, or if there have been any difficulties. In light of this, it would be helpful if you could keep basic records of your experience of volunteers that come via the Volunteer Centre. Meanwhile, please feel free to contact us at any time with feedback – positive and negative.